There's certainly an ongoing conversation around equality in tech and entrepreneurship, including women in tech and entrepreneurship in our region. I wanted my podcast segment to highlight some of these stories I heard first hand at the conference. I've got a great line up for you.
I have over 380 minutes from my podcast interview coverage at Launch TN's 36|86 conference. I interviewed entrepreneurs from the Village 36 competition (including the winner PartPic), accelerator participants from around the state, and also regional perspectives on what is next in Southeast entrepreneurship. Embedded within these stories are themes of collaboration, community, acceptance and diversity. I finally have all this audio sorted out, and I will be releasing more soon, especially as we build up to Startup Day this coming up Friday.
This story includes:
- Julia Hartz, co-founder of Eventbrite sharing her experiences expanding to Nashville
- Kristina Montague, cofounder and managing partner at The Jump Fund based in Chattanooga
- Jessica Buffington founder MLS My Nest UpStart at StartCo based in Memphis.
- Mara Lewis Managing Director at StartCo based in Memphis
- Jewel Burks of PartPic, this year's Village 36 winner based in Atlanta
- Kate O'Neill of KO Insights based in Nashville. We talked about her social justice and technology panel.
special thanks / credits
We'll be back soon with another episode on The Nashville Entrepreneurship Story. Know of any great conferences coming to Middle Tennessee? Reach out to me for more information on my conference podcasting coverage.