(independent Contractor Position)
Role: Diversity Program Coordinator
Hours: 20-30hrs/week, some evenings required for special events
Compensation: Will be Discussed
- 1-3 years of event coordination
- Program or Project Support experience
- Assistant or support role
- Working with college-age students
- Worked at a Social Justice Organization
Kelli Nowers, Chief of Staff
Diversity & Inclusion Entrepreneur in Residence
The Nashville Entrepreneur Center (EC) is built by the Nashville community for the community and recently launched a Diversity and Inclusion program to further extend the opportunity to pursue an entrepreneurial career path into the local community. The EC partnered with Code2040 to seat an Entrepreneur In Residence (EIR) that will focus on outreach and exposure with goal of creating a more diverse community at the EC. The Diversity & Inclusion Program Coordinator will work hand-in-hand with the Code2040 EIR in executing the EC’s strategy in this space. The position will play a key role in the growth of our diversity and inclusion work by supporting all aspects of the program cycle including networking, collaborating, and communicating effectively.
Additional Skills Needed:
- Comfortable with Public Speaking
- Organized, Detail Oriented
- Program Planning Experience & Execution
- Deep Empathy and Internal Grit
- Problem Solving Skills
- Create an environment where all of our members and guests feel safe, welcome, and part of a greater community by:
- a) executing on a strategy created by our staff, Entrepreneur in Residence and our partners Google for Entrepreneurs and Code2040.
- b) creating diverse and inclusive events
- Collect and report data on all of the program
- Shape the conversation about diversity and inclusion in tech by collecting powerful community members stories.
What To Expect From The Role:
- You will directly contribute to efforts to create access and opportunity for Blacks and Latinos in the innovation economy.
- You will help foster conversation around race, and around diversity & inclusion work more generally, during a pivotal moment in our country’s history.
- You will develop and sharpen your project management skills by ensuring stellar, on-time execution of programs while under a tight schedule.
- You will learn and apply a compassion-centered approach to diversity and inclusion work.
- You will learn the intricacies and nuances of working in, and building, a fast-growth start-up.
The Tangible and Intangible Benefits of Working at the EC:
- You will gain access to a robust, exciting network of people across the innovation economy.
This is a contracted temporary role at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center. The Contractor will be responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and local taxes including income tax, unemployment insurance, social security, or any other withholding pursuant to any law or requirement of any governmental body.