MEET WITH AN ENTREPRENEUR ADVISOR
Nashville Entrepreneur Center members and accelerator participants have access to our Entrepreneur Advisor Program, a network with over 200 trained advisors from various industries and professions. Each of our advisors has been carefully selected, groomed and trained to guide
entrepreneurs on their journey to create, launch and grow their businesses.
STEPS FOR MEETING WITH AN ENTREPRENEUR ADVISOR
The first step to meet with a advisor is to attend our Entrepreneurship Orientation. The program is designed to provide an overview of the EC, an overview of our Entrepreneur Advisor Program, a crash course on the Idea Frame and how to best present your business to our EC advisors.
After attending our Entrepreneurship Orientation, fill out the "Meet With an Advisor" application in order to schedule your first meeting with an advisor. This form gives us an idea as to which advisor may be best for your first session, and it also provides the advisor with the details of your business prior to your first meeting.
Email email@example.com to continue meeting with advisors after your first session. EC Membership is required to continue using the Entrepreneur Advisor Program. Each membership tier offers different quantities of advisor meetings per month. The entrepreneur has the option to follow up with the same advisor or to meet with a new one for added perspective or for assistance with a different component of their business.
MENTEE CODE OF CONDUCT
ENTREPRENEURS WILL NOT:
- Use the mentor meetings for building a personal network or growing a book of business.
- Use the mentor meeting to search for employment.
- Meet with a mentor without completing their last meeting’s homework.
- Ask the mentor to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Expect the mentor to invest in the entrepreneur’s business.
- Request a valuation for the company.
- Withhold pertinent background information or act in secret.
- Become combative in a mentor session.
- Attend Entrepreneur Orientation before meeting with a mentor.
- Prepare in advance for the mentor meeting.
- Listen actively.
- Accept feedback willingly.
- Provide 48 hour notice of cancellation of mentor meetings.
- Do the homework.