What is the EC?
The EC fosters innovation by providing entrepreneurs with the resources to turn their ideas into sustainable companies. “Turning Ideas into a Reality”
How do I become a member and what are the benefits?
There is a membership application and a $150 annual fee associated with joining.
The Entrepreneur Center provides access to funding, resources, connections and the ecosystem within which startup companies can successfully launch. The EC enables the vision and drive of entrepreneurs.
All EC members receive and gain access to the following:
• FREE application to the EC Accelerator Program
• Access to the EC Mentoring Network for both local and remote mentoring assistance
• Access to the EC member portal to connect with the EC, other entrepreneurs, mentors, and collect all EC Member offerings!
• FREE registration to our Sip IT! CEO Coffee series
• FREE registration to our Build IT! CEO workshops
• FREE registration to our Drink IT! Networking Happy Hour
• Members-only access to the EC Toolkit with work plans and process questions to help guide early stage entrepreneurs through the startup process
• Preferred pricing, offers and benefits from both local and national partners for startup companies in our member portal
• Discounted rates for mentoring meetings to provide personalized feedback (3 meetings for $99)
• Discounted rates for the EC Startup Educational Series (20% discount)
• Access to FREE self-help information at the Center
All EC Mentors are required to be EC Members. In return they get to help the most innovative, creative, driven people in the world.
Through the EC Process, the EC goal is to help entrepreneurs create Investable Stories, get funded and get launched.
How do I get involved?
The best way to get involved is to contact us to set up an initial screening to figure out how the Entrepreneur Center can specifically help you. Most conversations begin with, "What is your idea?"
We do tours of the facility at 9am on Tuesdays and Thursdays and you can sign up for our “Entrepreneurs Orientation” here:
Our members generally fall into Entrepreneurs, Mentors or Investors. Depending on how you wish to work with a startup company we want to help you get engaged.
Can I get desk space at the EC?
Accelerator companies have the option to purchase office space on a quarterly basis. You can apply to be an accelerator on the accelerator page and get some more information. Primary evaluation for inclusion in the EC Accelerator Program is based on timeline to launch and business sector. We expect these companies to be able to successfully close investment funding within six months and those companies must fit within our target sectors, i.e. Health Care, Technology, Digital Media and Entertainment or Social Enterprise.
Who are the mentors and what kind of access would I have as a member?
The mentors are one of our biggest values here at the EC. We have over 250 mentors available for resources. Mentors are skilled professionals in the workplace who volunteer their time help entrepreneurs. As a member of the EC, you get access to the mentor directory and can schedule mentor sessions at the price of $99 for 3 sessions. Mentors fall into 4 categories as Startup Experts, Industry Experts, Knowledge Experts and Launch Experts.
What kind of access will I have as a member?
Basic Member: M-F 8am-5pm Access to our café and resource area
Accelerator Programs: 24/7- 365 days a year access to the facility
Mentors: We have mentor hours M-F 8am-5pm, we can work with your schedule
GET FUNDED AND LAUNCH. IN 6 MONTHS.
EC Accelerators work within the Center facility and have direct access to resources, mentors, staff, networking and unique capital raising opportunities.
Candidates whose applications are accepted to the EC Accelerator are expected to close funding and launch within 6 months. The first 100-days of the program focuses on helping the company build an Investable Story, a Business Model, Management Team, Marketing Strategy and Money Plan capable of closing investor funding.