NASHVILLE ENTREPRENEUR CENTER
MENTOR CODE OF CONDUCT
- Agree to a background check, if requested.
- Attend training and complete shadowing requirements.
- Deliver required EC documentation of each Mentor meeting.
- Execute the EC's mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Listen actively, build trust and give honest feedback.
- Make the entrepreneur aware of any potential conflicts of interest involving the Mentor's own company.
- Prepare in advance for the Mentor meeting.
- Provide 48 hour notice of cancellation of mentor meetings.
- Serve as matchmakers for other Mentors, Service Providers, investors and partners/customers.
- Teach, guide, advise and assign helpful homework.
- Volunteer time (4 hours per month).
MENTORS WILL NOT:
- Do the work for the entrepreneur.
- Pressure the entrepreneur to hire the Mentor as a paid consultant, advisor or employee.
- Violate the confidentiality requirements of EC Mentorship.
- Establish a valuation for the company.
- Withhold pertinent background information or act in secret.