(DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION)
(Read Below First)
Looking for a place to work where YOU matter and what you DO matters? At the EC we help people build the companies that will build the future of Nashville and beyond. Every day we wake up and we know our work has the power to change people’s lives. To match that fulfillment we encourage a work culture where you are loved and honored as a WHOLE person. You are empowered to not only accomplish your goals professionally but also personally and have fun doing it. You are trusted and in fact REQUIRED to be an awesome teammate and to always be growing as a person. Think Brene Brown meets the 1980 “Miracle on Ice.” We get real, we get clear and then we accomplish things TOGETHER no one thought possible.
The Operations Specialist helps creates a fantastic experience for the entrepreneurs, Board and team at the EC. From (sometimes literally) soup to nuts, you will own coordination of our Board meeting and key event logistics and support the EC’s day to day facility, system and financial systems. Essentially, you will own 6 big things:
- Budget & Finance: Processing Invoices (A/R & A/P) & expense reports, generate reports, provide budget help, and support month end/quarter end and year-end closes.
- Facility Support: Managing 1000 little details that add up to one amazing experience for the entrepreneurs, staff and partners that use the building and its resources.
- Board Meeting Support: Creating a best-in-class experience for the EC Board of Directors through logistical support of meetings, engagement and events.
- Internal Systems Management: Coordinating the systems and processes we use to integrate team members, entrepreneurs and data (especially the SAAS ones.)
- Intern Program: Supporting a learning environment for each semester’s group of interns that work with many EC programs.
- Event Logistics: Facilitating more of that amazing experience for entrepreneurs, team and partners by handling the logistics for community, sponsor and private EC events
How you will spend your time (not limited to):
- Coordinating the payment, receipt and processing of financial transactions via our third party partner.
- Recordkeeping of sponsor, grant and donor commitments.
- Hands-on interaction with vendors that support the EC facility including building equipment, the building itself, A/V systems, servicers and key systems.
- Coordinating the Board and committee meeting schedules, support for meeting content creation and logistics for the actual meeting experience.
- Login, payment and access management for software and web based technology used in the EC’s course of business.
- Setting up the invitation through check-in process for events along with A/V setup and securing food, drink, etc. for the event.
- Supporting staff and intern on-boarding including system and information access along orientation logistics and implementation.
- Ownership of the EC intern program including university and college outreach and the applicant process.
- General support for research, documentation and archiving for Operations at the EC.
And you will help us learn: This is a new full time position for our EC -- one we will build together. You will be challenged to apply your experience and to bring the best of the tried and true and emerging best practices to the work. We like to try new things.
- This is a full-time exempt position and will be based in Nashville, TN. The EC offers a full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally:
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) etc
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
We are looking for these skills:
- Ability to use Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Drive and Websites
- Proven experience with Excel for financial management purposes
- Experience to make Keynote and/or Powerpoint sing!
- Highly organized with a keen eye for details – lots of details – did we mention details. (The people you are working with day-to-day love their details, as those combined details are what make up an amazing customer experience!)
- Knows what it means to take an event to a real experience that makes people say “Wow.”
And these qualities:
- Self-starter and self-leader – naturally curious and willing to learn and adapt with minimal supervision
- Self- aware – no cowboys, self-important jerks or egomaniacs
- Calmness under fire even with multiple projects and deadlines
- Can be part of a high performing team… because we are one
What’s in it for you:
In addition to working with a truly great and dedicated team, you will learn a ton, have almost unlimited opportunity to grow and advance, have access to some of the coolest business events happening in the Nashville and meet more awesomely cool entrepreneurs than you can count.
In short, if you want this position, you need to be really special, because that’s truly what this opportunity is.
Come on, show us what you’ve got!! APPLY HERE!
The Application Process:
We are committed to adding the right person to our team, and will close interviews once we believe we have found that person. To apply, fill out our online application. We are looking for someone to join our team in early May of 2017 or sooner. Pay and benefits are competitive and aligned with entry-level roles at our organization. The position is Full-Time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.