Imagine Your Idea… a Reality
You're interested in starting a business because...
- You want to pursue your great idea.
- You want freedom.
- You want to make change.
- You want the ability to create the life you've always wanted.
- You're willing to take risks to do that.
you’re not alone
We feel your pain
Fear constantly reminds you, “Am I good enough?”
Fear says you must have all the skills, knowledge and experience to succeed.
You're probably asking yourself:
- Is my business idea good?
- How should I fund my business as it grows?
- When should I hire staff?
- What am I not seeing that I need to see?
we don't doubt you.
Neither do the 180+ Nashvillians who have also made the leap of faith to take their idea through our 14-week PreFlight program. Speaking of numbers, since 2010 more than 5,000 concepts have been screened at the EC (this includes the entrepreneurs who attend our free weekly entrepreneurs orientations). In 2015, graduates of our programs raised $26,000,000 dollars for their businesses. You don’t have to be raising money, but it’s proof that if you do, investors believe in our alumni.
we're in your corner
No experience required.
- Are you not sure if you should even take action on your idea? You're in the right place.
- Have you already decided you will pursue your idea? You're in the right place.
Success looks different for each PreFlight participant. More on this later...
Welcome to the "don't quit your day job" accelerator
... and Meet 1 of your New 100+ advisors
Yes, there are over 100 advisors, among the best business minds in Nashville, and ALL of them volunteer their time to help entrepreneurs like you. Anywhere from 2 hours a week to 20+ hours a week, our advisors are dedicated to helping you explore your idea’s viability. Julia Polk, pictured above, just won Mentor of the Year at the Nashville Next Awards.
Why Do They Want To Help Me?
Because someone was there for them when they needed it. Now they’re here for you. They’re here for you and so is our staff, members, partners and entrepreneurial community. How else are we in your corner?
When you purchase your seat in PreFlight (you can bring a co-founder, too!) you unlock the following:
- Access to our 100+ Entrepreneur Advisor Program
- Launch Membership at the EC
- Free admission to EC Community Events
- Dedicated downtown Nashville workspace at the EC
- An opportunity to pitch to a panel of startup and investment experts for feedback at the program’s end
- And in cooperation with other EC programming, we are able to make additional learning opportunities for PreFlight participants available during our accelerator programs.
PREFLIGHT REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
Session 2 will run from May 22-August 21, 2017
IS THIS FOR ME?
Most of the entrepreneurs in the program have never launched a startup before, still have another full or part-time job, and are in the idea phase (pre-revenue and usually pre-prototype) of launching their business. Most of them are operating alone. All of them have reached a point in life where they have decided to dedicate significant amounts of their time (and even money) to pursue their idea and take those first big steps in their entrepreneurial journey.
Success may manifest differently for different participants, including…
- Some graduates will launch successful businesses straight from the program.
- Some graduates will more quickly and cheaply realize their concept will not work and will move closer, with more resources, to the concept that will.
- Some will realize their idea won’t work, that entrepreneurship isn’t for them, and that they can apply these principles elsewhere in their lives.
Here's what our PreFlight alumni say
CURRICULUM AND COMMUNITY
PreFlight includes weekly interactive classroom education on Monday evenings (1.5 hours, 5:30p-7:00p). In this course, we help entrepreneurs build, evaluate, and optimize their entrepreneurial ideas. You will also understand the best system for building, analyzing, and optimizing any entrepreneurial idea, and you will be able to apply that understanding to all of your future entrepreneurial endeavors, whatever their size, shape, or nature. Weekly topics include:
Week 1: Introduction & Overview
Week 2: Identifying Customer Problems
Week 3: Solving Customer Problems
Week 4: Understanding Early Adopters
Week 5: Turning Assumptions Into Facts and Understanding Trends
Week 6: Finding Your White Space
Week 7: Communicating Value
Week 8: Marketing & Sales for Startups
Week 9: Business Modeling
Week 10: Evaluating & Pitching Your Business
Week 11: Capturing Value
Week12: Projecting a Financial Future
Invest in yourself:
Discounts Available: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount code for registration. Scroll below to see discounts available.
Program Cost: $1450 (includes two seats per startup).
We do have scholarships available. Apply Here.
Discounts Available: Please email email@example.com to receive your discount code.
- EC Launch and Grow Members will receive a $200 discount
- Students will receive a $150 discount
- Nashville Chmber members will receive a $150 discount
Payment Plan Options Available: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get registered using this option
Questions? Email: email@example.com
PROGRAM STARTS -1/23/17
PROGRAM ENDS - 4/10/17
PITCH DAY - 5/2/17
REGISTRATION OPENING ON: 2/6/17
INFO SESSION- 5/8/17
PROGRAM STARTS - 5/22/17
PROGRAM ENDS - 8/21/17
PITCH DAY -8/29/17
REGISTRATION OPENING ON: 6/5/17
INFO SESSION - 8/28/17
PROGRAM STARTS - 9/18/17
PROGRAM ENDS - 12/18/17
PITCH DAY - TBD
Thank you to our PreFlight sponsors: