PreFlight is a 14-week program designed to empower early-stage entrepreneurs to build, evaluate, and optimize their startup concepts. The program consists of weekly classes on the entrepreneurial process, constant access to related online learning materials and access to the EC advisor program.
Registration for PreFlight Session 1 has now closed.
We will begin registration for Session 2 on February 6. Stay tuned!
thank you to our PreFlight sponsors:
Discounts Available: Please email email@example.com to receive discount code for registration. Scroll below to see discounts available.
Program Cost: $1450 (includes two seats per startup).
We do have scholarships available. Apply Here.
Discounts Available: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your discount code.
- EC Launch and Grow Members will receive a $200 discount
- Students will receive a $150 discount
- Nashville Chmber members will receive a $150 discount
Payment Plan Options Available-Please email email@example.com to get registered using this option
IS THIS FOR ME?
Most of the entrepreneurs in the program have never launched a startup before, still have another full or part-time job, and are in the idea phase (pre-revenue and usually pre-prototype) of launching their business. Most of them are operating alone. All of them have reached a point in life where they have decided to dedicate significant amounts of their time and money to pursue their idea and take those first big steps in their entrepreneurial journey. Success may manifest differently for different participants, including…
- Some graduates will launch successful businesses straight from the program.
- Some graduates will more quickly and cheaply realize their concept will not work and will move closer, with more resources, to the concept that will.
- Some will realize their idea won’t work, that entrepreneurship isn’t for them, and that they can apply these principles elsewhere in their lives.
Entrepreneurs with the goal of applying to an accelerator program. PreFlight gives participants the opportunity to build a foundation in customer development, product-market fit and identifying a unique selling proposition in preparation for launching their business. This is a great program for entrepreneurs who already know they want to apply to an accelerator program in the future.
IS THIS YOU?
People with an idea or early stage startup that want to explore
their concept’s viability and what it takes to be an entrepreneur.
The program is built on entrepreneurial education for those who
want to turn their idea into a reality, but may not be able to commit
full time yet. This is an opportunity to “kick the tires” on a concept
and get a taste of the entrepreneur life.
CURRICULUM AND COMMUNITY
PreFlight includes weekly interactive classroom education on Monday evenings (1.5 hours, 5:30p-7:00p). In this course, we help entrepreneurs build, evaluate, and optimize their entrepreneurial ideas. You will also understand the best system for building, analyzing, and optimizing any entrepreneurial idea, and you will be able to apply that understanding to all of your future entrepreneurial endeavors, whatever their size, shape, or nature. Weekly topics include:
Week 1: Introduction & Overview
Week 2: Identifying Customer Problems
Week 3: Solving Customer Problems
Week 4: Understanding Early Adopters
Week 5: Turning Assumptions Into Facts and Understanding Trends
Week 6: Finding Your White Space
Week 7: Communicating Value
Week 8: Marketing & Sales for Startups
Week 9: Business Modeling
Week 10: Evaluating & Pitching Your Business
Week 11: Capturing Value
Week12: Projecting a Financial Future
PreFlight Students will also receive:
- Access to the Entrepreneur Advisor Program at the EC
- Launch Membership at the EC (view full offerings here)
- Free admission to EC Community Events
- Workspace at the EC
- An opportunity to pitch to a panel of startup and investment experts for feedback at the program’s end
- In cooperation with other EC programming, we are able to make additional learning opportunities for PreFlight participants available during our accelerator programs.
PROGRAM STARTS -1/23/17
PROGRAM ENDS - 4/10/17
PITCH DAY - 5/2/17
REGISTRATION OPENING ON: 2/6/17
INFO SESSION- 5/8/17
PROGRAM STARTS - 5/22/17
PROGRAM ENDS - 8/21/17
PITCH DAY -8/29/17
REGISTRATION OPENING ON: 6/5/17
INFO SESSION - 8/28/17
PROGRAM STARTS - 9/18/17
PROGRAM ENDS - 12/18/17
PITCH DAY - TBD