Last Modified: January 2016
The Nashville Entrepreneur Center (“Company,” “We,” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Website visitors and customers. In this policy we describe how we will treat your personal information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.ec.co, www.projectmusic.co, www.fourteenforty.co, or any other website operated by Us, in existence now or later (our "Website"), and practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features (such as registering for a user account) on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information, subject to our information retention policy. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information We May Collect. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or payment card numbers ("personal information");
- about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Website including your IP address and information collected through cookies, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation paths; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our Website including your email address;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our Website including your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment card details;
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our Website including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication;
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us; and
- Provide details of other personal information collected.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How We Use Your Information
Personal information submitted to us through our Website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the Website. We may use your personal information to:
- administer our Website and business;
- personalize our Website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our Website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Website;
- keep our Website secure and prevent fraud; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing. All our Website financial transactions are handled through third party vendors. You can review their privacy policies on their respective Websites.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information we collect or you provide as described in this policy to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries).
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any on-going or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.; and
- to our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our Website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of your Personal Information
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our Website will be protected by encryption technology. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our Website).
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at [email@example.com] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, we may retain back-up copies of personal information that you provide on the Website when required to do so by law or in compliance with our information retention polices (which may include those of our third party service providers).
Third Party Websites
Our Website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party Websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
All purchases through our site or other transactions for the sale of services formed through the Website or as a result of visits made by you are facilitated through a third party payment processing service provider. By making a purchase through the Website, you agree to the terms of such third party payment processing service provider.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
This website is operated by The Nashville Entrepreneur Center, located at 41 Peabody Street, Nashville, TN 37210.You can contact us by writing to [email@example.com].