NASHVILLE ENTREPRENEUR CENTER
SERVICE PROVIDER CODE OF CONDUCT
Service Providers Will:
- Engage with a desire to help first, without regard to any financial relationship.
- Participate as a Partner or Sponsor of the EC and/or offer a favorable pricing package to entrepreneurs at the EC.
- Agree to a background check, if requested.
- Attend training and complete shadowing requirements.
- Deliver required EC documentation of each Service Provider meeting.
- Execute the EC's Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Listen actively, build trust and give honest feedback.
- Make the entrepreneur aware of any potential conflicts of interest involving the Service Provider's own company.
- Prepare in advance for the Service Provider’s meeting.
- Provide 48 hour notice of cancellation for meetings.
- Serve as matchmakers for other Service Providers, mentors, investors and partners/customers.
- Teach, guide, advise and assign helpful homework, if appropriate.
- Volunteer time (4 hours per month).
Service providers will not:
- Do the work for the entrepreneur.
- Pressure the entrepreneur to hire the Service Provider as a paid consultant, advisor or employee; however, as the relationship evolves and requires agreed upon deliverables, financial engagement utilizing the Service Provider’s EC package is acceptable.
- Violate the confidentiality requirements of EC Advisor Program.
- Withhold pertinent background information or act in secret.