CHIEF OF STAFF
Updated: December 14, 2017
Applications Close*: January 15, 2017
*subject to change w/o notice
Position: Chief of Staff
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: CEO
The Chief of Staff is a highly impactful role that empowers our CEO to drive the mission and goals of the organization. By being our dynamic CEO’s right-hand, you will support him and enable him to be as effective as possible in the EC community.
You will work alongside the CEO and the Leadership Team to ensure that the EC is setup to achieve its strategic objectives and will impact all areas of the EC community.
The right candidate will have a balance of creative and analytical strengths, able to systematize the undefined, while remaining flexible and thinking outside of the box. You must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with constant evolution.
In the job description that follows we have broken out “Strategic Responsibilities” from “Tactical Responsibilities” for a very important reason. This role must be willing to do tactical work but must also have the capacity to build systems and processes that allows the EC to operate more effectively and efficiently so the Chief of Staff along with the leadership team can spend more of their time executing at a strategic level.
Strategic Responsibilities (included by are not limited to):
Maximize the CEO’s engagement with our internal and external communities.
Empower area leaders to effectively engage with requests from the community.
Help us create and execute our strategy for growth.
Optimize our leadership and team operations by breaking down silos and building connections.
Maximize all executive and team-wide meetings.
Centralize EC metrics to provide visibility across the organization and its stakeholders.
Drive the strategy to bring alive and reinforce via mechanisms the organization’s missions, vision and core values.
Build the systems and processes to scale how the EC deal with the tactical items outlined below in order to be more efficient and effective.
Tactical Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
Act as a gateway for internal and external community requests to engage the CEO.
Monitor and triage all incoming communication to CEO. Prepare correspondence and/or delegate as appropriate.
Manage all aspects of CEO’s schedule and commitments: maintain and protect calendar, prioritize conflicting needs, prepare agendas and presentations, attend meetings alongside or on behalf of CEO, communicate and follow-up on action items.
Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including, but not limited to, managing an extremely active calendar, performing data entry into CRM program, arranging detailed travel plans and other logistical responsibilities.
Prepare meeting content with leaders, communicate key takeaways and follow up on action items.
Coordinate and facilitate strategic planning and review sessions: collaborate with leaders to develop goals and objectives, design strategies to achieve those goals, facilitate ongoing reviews to measure progress, communicate progress to stakeholders.
Lead special cross-functional initiatives from conceptualization through completion.
- Strategic and analytical mindset. Works well in ambiguity and brings order to chaos.
- Forward-looking thinker, able to anticipate needs, foresee problems, and propose solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Confident enough to be candid & offer push back, while humble enough to thrive behind the scenes.
- High emotional maturity and intelligence.
- Relationship builder and connector between stakeholders.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be effective independently.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and respect.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a bonus.
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst or consultant with deep exposure to business operations and strategic development, or previous experience as Chief of Staff.
- Prior experience working with and supporting C-level executives.
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, startup experience preferred.
- Resourceful and efficient, with experience operating within a small business with limited resources. Experience in not-for-profit or bootstrapped environment preferred.
- Proficient in various project management software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Apple Keynote, and Google Apps.
This is a full-time exempt position and based in Nashville, TN.
- Salary range dependent on level of experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical and life insurance with dental, vision and disability options. Plus a 401(k) matching option.
- Flexibility in how work is accomplished with respect for work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization at email@example.com.