Nashville Social Enterprise Alliance
About SEA Nashville
The Nashville Social Enterprise Alliance is the local chapter of the Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA), the leading membership organization in North America for enterprising nonprofits, social purpose businesses, and educators who come together to promote financial sustainable social innovation through networking opportunities, educational forums, strategic partnerships, and impact legislation.
"Our members are passionate about changing their communities, and we are dedicated to providing them with the resources to maximize sustainable social and financial impact."
The Nashville Social Enterprise Alliance will engage the resources, skills, and assets of our chapter members and of the SEA, augmented by our network of investors, educators, mentors, philanthropists, non-profits, businesses, and policymakers to accelerate innovative sustainable solutions to social problems.
The Nashville Social Enterprise Alliance vision is for Nashville to serve as the leader in utilizing social enterprise as a force forsystemic positive social change, in service to the common good.
- Early stage entrepreneurs seeking inspiration and the knowledge to launch social enterprises.
- Emerging and mid-stage practitioners seeking tools and information about best practices.
- Advanced practitioners from established enterprises seeking opportunities to network with peers and to collectively influence public awareness and support for social enterprise.
- Funders and social capital investors who want knowledge about social enterprise and best practices to inform their investment gifting strategies and who seek networking opportunities with other grantmakers and investors who share an interest in social enterprise.
- All others who support social enterprise, including, but not limited to, policy-makers, advisors, intermediaries, educators and researchers, and consultants.
- Education. SEA’s national summit and regional conferences will be the premier events for cultivating and engaging leadership in the field, and SEA will be an acknowledged resource for growing the mission and business capacity of social enterprise practitioners.
- Community. SEA will cultivate a high-value peer network for practitioners and supporters.