Nashville Entrepreneur Center
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Effective January 11, 2024, this policy establishes procedures to close or delay the opening of Nashville Entrepreneur Center facility due to weather emergencies, as well as guidelines for notifying guests of closures or delays.
The Nashville Entrepreneur Center may close or delay opening when weather emergencies occur, and will generally follow the closure and delay policy of Metro Nashville Public Schools. During office closures:
- Nashville Entrepreneur Center facilities will be closed and inaccessible to guests.
- All external in-person events, meetings, and activities will be canceled or postponed. Attendees will be notified promptly of cancellations through appropriate communication channels (email, phone, website, social media, etc.).
- Incubate members will continue to have 24/7 access to the member side of the building. Members are encouraged to use their best judgment when considering their safety during emergencies.
In the event of closure or delayed opening, a Nashville Entrepreneur Center representative will take the following steps to ensure a prompt communication with impacted individuals:
- Announce the closure or delay to the public via social media channels.
- Announce the closure or delay to members via Slack
- Notify any member or guest with a confirmed meeting room or space booking of the cancellation via email, and work with impacted individual to reschedule the event or refund the booking fee.
- Notify any registered guests of canceled NEC events via email, and inform them of the rescheduling timeline or offer to refund their registration fee.
NEC leadership will review this policy periodically and update it as necessary. Any modifications will be communicated to all employees. By adhering to this policy, we aim to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and guests during weather emergencies.