Updated: March 26, 2018
Applications Close*: April 27, 2018
*subject to change w/o notice
Position: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: VP, Operations
The Administrative Assistant is a highly impactful role that empowers our CEO and the Business Operations of the organization. In support of the CEO and Ops you will enable the EC team to be as effective as possible as they drive the organization’s mission forward.
You will be masterful in managing the CEO’s schedule to create efficiencies and ensure staff engagement and the appropriate level of community access. You will ensure the CEO has a frictionless experience in professional and community engagement while processing communication, arranging itineraries and offering general support.
You will work as an integral part of the Business Operations team to facilitate a seamless, no drama experience for the EC team as we continually strive for simplicity and scale of operations. Your role in administering the organization’s business operations will support the EC’s backbone processes and systems in finances, facility, human resources, legal and IT.
Although the role is managed by Business Operations there is a high degree of direct accountability to the CEO.
In this tactical role, the right candidate will have a balance of organization and intuitive strengths, ability to prioritize and process multiple deliverables in an on-time manner while maintaining a servant leader mindset in working with the EC team and stakeholders. You must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with constant evolution.
Responsibilities and Qualifications (included but are not limited to):
Administrative Support to the CEO
Own the CEO’s extremely active calendar to ensure availability for meetings related to fundraising, leadership & team, stakeholders, and personal commitments to maximize the CEO’s engagement with our internal and external communities
Provide tactical support to the CEO for his engagement with people in the community
Manage all aspects of CEO’s schedule and commitments: maintain and protect calendar, prioritize conflicting needs, prepare agendas and presentations, attend select meetings alongside CEO, communicate and follow-up on action items
Coordinate with the Leadership team calendars to schedule internal and external meetings, identify opportunities when leaders are in the same place, and delegate requests for CEO meetings to others when necessary
Create and defend ‘quiet zones’ of minimal activity to give the CEO time to reflect on big picture and strategic items
Monitor and triage all incoming communication to CEO. Prepare correspondence, including thank you notes and gifts of appreciation and/or delegate as appropriate
Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including, but not limited to, performing data entry into CRM program, arranging detailed travel plans and other logistical responsibilities
Manage professional expenses, receipts and reports for CEO and COO/CPO
Provide general administrative support to COO/CPO as requested.
Administrative Support to Business Operations
- Act as an open gateway for internal and external requests of Business Operations from the EC team, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Make daily deposits, prepare & distribute cash log and maintain archive files
- Internal vendor invoice & statement processing when necessary
- Prepare and submit EC credit card expense reports
- Support annual audit discovery and research demands
- Invoicing and follow through for non-Development revenue
- Manage, organize and service office supply and stamp inventory
- Coordinate parking passes and related EC assets
- Seek and secure non profit benefits for SaaS use, vendors and donation platforms
- Cooperate extensively with Customer Support for daily lunchtime and meeting front desk coverage
- Cross-train with Customer Support to support business ops related front desk activity including security related tasks.
Facility & IT Support
- Coordinate building supply and kitchen inventory
- Maintain the daily positive appearance of the staff portion of the building at all times
- Contact facility vendors to mitigate facility, utility and IT challenges.
- Maintain a service call and completion log, seek appropriate expenditure approvals and confirm completion of work
General Administrative Support
- Board and Committee meeting bookings and supporting meeting prep.
- Back up to VP, Ops in time sensitive tactical responsibilities
- Fill gaps in Business Operations tactics as needed
- Outgoing and dynamic personality
- Able to multi-task and change direction quickly while also prioritizing what’s important
- Places high value on attention to detail and organization
- Forward-looking thinker, able to anticipate needs, foresee problems, and propose solutions
- Confident enough to maintain boundaries yet maintain a supportive approach
- High emotional maturity and intelligence
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be independently motivated and effective
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and respect
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1+ years of experience as an administrative assistant, executive assistant, office manager or similar capacity.
- Non profit and/or start up experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful and efficient with an emphasis on independent problem solving skills.
- Proficient in various project management software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Apple Keynote, and Google Apps.
This is a full-time exempt position and based in Nashville, TN.
- Salary range will be communicated during interview process.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical and life insurance with dental, vision and disability options. Plus a 401(k) matching option.
- Flexibility in how work is accomplished with respect for work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on the application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org.