5 Reasons the EC Should Be Your Digital Nomad Landing Spot in 2021
July 21, 2021 / Share:
As more companies see the benefits of permanent remote work, the “digital nomadic lifestyle” has skyrocketed in popularity. According to a study by Zillow Group Inc. and Yelp Inc. The number of traditional employees working as digital nomads grew by 96% in 2020.
What is a digital nomad? Digital nomads are remote workers who usually travel to different locations and embrace a technology lifestyle. Because of their flexibility to be able to work from wherever they want, they can usually be found in coffee shops or cowork spaces.
Transitioning to this new style of work is becoming more of the norm as companies witness the benefits of working from home for both leaders and employees. In January, National Association for Business Economics reported that only 1 in 10 companies expected all of their employees to return to work with the same office arrangements they left with pre-pandemic, and 11 million Americans already identify with the digital nomad lifestyle.
And for a digital nomad looking for the next best place to live, work and play, Nashville is a perfect landing spot. Earlier this year, our city was ranked no. 4 destination spot for ‘digital nomads’ by Zillow for its business-friendly attitude, low cost of living, and exciting social scene.
For those looking to make the move, Nashville Entrepreneur Center is the best flexible and inviting space to work as a digital nomad. Here are just five reasons that the EC might be the next hot destination for this generation of remote worker:
- Membership on Your Terms: Our memberships offer flexible monthly contracts on all spaces and amenities, including desk space, meeting areas, internet access, printing access, online forums, mentorship, events and more.
- Location, Location, Location: Based in the heart of downtown, working from the EC turns the daily grind into something more enjoyable everyday, with easy access to the entertainment centers at Nissan Stadium, Broadway, Ascend Amphitheater and East Nashville.
- A Community Of Innovators: Looking for a community of hard-working, creative people to work alongside? Our CoWork and Incubate memberships give members access to our community of passionate entrepreneurs and startup employees, each with a unique set of skills and experiences to share.
- Get Growing: From our evergreen resource libraries and weekly office hours, to our expert advisors and hands-on workshops, members have regular opportunities to learn from Nashville’s top business leaders as they continue their professional development journey, no matter the industry or topic.
- Easy, Convenient Nutrition: Located inside our building at 41 Peabody Street, JP Cafe offers a wide variety of nutritious and delicious coffee, pastries, sandwiches, salads, soups and more! Looking for something a little more substantial? Try Pinewood Social, just two buildings down for elevated favorites any time of the day.
Whether you’re an intrapreneur or entrepreneur, digital nomad or Nashville native, membership at the EC has everything you need to get the job done. Ready to take the next step? Schedule a tour of our space with Membership Lead Parker Bryan today or sign up at on our membership page.