HOW I WORK with Robbie Goldsmith
October 3, 2014 / Share:
Name: Robbie Goldsmith
Occupation: Director of Community Engagement // Music
How long have your worked at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center?: 18 months
What are your greatest achievements so far at the EC?:
1) Reaching 600+ active annual members.
2) Launching the Pre-Flight “pre-accelerator” program.
3) Launching the Music Technology Accelerator.
What challenges do you face working at the EC?: The largest challenge by far is wearing alot of hats. Some of my responsibilities include:
• Welcoming new members
• Managing members needs
• Logging members into online systems
• Weekly newsletters
• Weekly member meetings to help build their ideas
• Running Pre-Flight program
• Running Music Tech Accelerator
• Co-managing our desk rental system
• Running the EC’s BuildIt!, SipIt!, DrinkIt! programs
• Running our quarterly industry specific programs
• Organizing Nashville’s Sobro Fest
• Helping with the EC’s social media
• Selling Pre-Flight across the nation so we can expand
• Hosting music specific one off events
……just to give you an idea….
What’s your workspace like? I am the only employee who works on the co-working side of the building. and my desk is MESSY!
What do you listen to while you work? Currently on Spotify: Kip Moore- Up All Night (his first album)
Do you have a favorite to-do list manager? A whiteboard that stays next to my desk! DO NOT TOUCH IT!
Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can’t you live without? Since I play professional paintball- I would say my computerized paintball gun!
Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert! I talk to people all day….so I better be!
What’s your daily routine like? 7am- Gym
8:30am- Clean my inbox, prep for the day
10-5pm- Meetings and emails
5pm-7pm working on my startup (BachWeekend)
11pm- Get to bed so I can do it all over!
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? The only thing that matters in life is what you DO.
Is there anything else you’d like to add? I would love to see if I can help you! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!