Nashville Entrepreneur Center Announces 2023 NEXT Awards Winners
October 24, 2023 / Share:
Backed by Amazon, recognizing Middle Tennessee entrepreneurs for their growth and economic impact on the city
Nashville, Tenn. (October 23, 2023) – Nashville Entrepreneur Center (EC) announced the winners for the 2023 NEXT Awards at its annual ceremony that recognizes entrepreneurs who are transforming industries and strengthening the Middle Tennessee community and beyond. Presented by Amazon, the 2023 NEXT Awards hosted more than 750 attendees at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center on Monday evening, October 23.
The program honors individuals and businesses at various stages of growth.
Industry categories include: Financial Services (new this year); Healthcare; Technology, Music, Sports and Entertainment; Products, Services and Retail; Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction. There will be three winners in each category.
Winners for this year’s industry awards are listed by industry in order of:
- Startup (with revenue up to $1 million)
- Market Mover (market mover companies with annual revenue between $1 to $8 million)
- Market Leader (market leaders with more than $8 million in annual revenue)
- Workloop, Katy Schmitt
- Wealth Access, David Benskin
- Core10, Lee Farabaugh & Jeff Hanson
- Thrive Therapies Group, Kristin McGraner & Liz Malugen
- RxGenomix, Brad Tice
- ObjectiveHealth, Colleen Hoke & Don Lazas
- Azra AI, Chris Cashwell
- Possip, Shani Dowell & Christine Fisher
- FreightWise, Chris Cochran, Scott Samuelson & Phil Forte
Music, Sports, and Entertainment
- TuneHatch, Inc., Christal Hector, Nathan Youssef & Reece Franklin
- Genni & Co, Johnny Cloherty & Louis O’Reilly
- Moo TV, Scott Scovill
Products, Services, and Retail
- Trace Femcare, Inc., Claire Crunk, Olaf Isele & Megan Galaske
- Daily Crunch, Laurel Orley & Dan Stephenson
- Turnip Truck, John Dyke
Real Estate, Construction, and Hospitality
- AGB Real Estate, Adam Rosenberg
- Holladay Ventures, Evan Holladay & Jined Lamata-Holladay
- Strategic Hospitality, Benjamin Goldberg, Max Goldberg
Two individuals are honored for their vision, grit and ability to overcome challenges. Across all industries, these are the two stages of growth: Emerging Entrepreneur of 2023 Award (less than $8M revenue) and Entrepreneur of 2023 Award (more than $8M revenue). Winners are:
Emerging Entrepreneur of 2023 Luke Benda, Healing Innovations
Entrepreneur of 2023 Brenda Motheral, Archimedes
“This year’s 2023 NEXT Awards brought Middle Tennessee’s business community together around entrepreneurship and was our biggest night of the year,” said Sam Davidson, CEO of the EC. “This collective effort and the generous contributions are thanks to our committee co-chairs, volunteers, staff, sponsors, and donors. All of which will help us accomplish what it takes to realize our vision. Truly, we are better, together.”
Announced in September, the EC also welcomed four inductees into the 2023 Entrepreneurs’ Hall of Fame for their life-long contributions to Nashville’s entrepreneurial community. The evening is supported by its major sponsors Presenting Sponsor (HERO): Amazon; Champion: Hudson Lee Carter; Pathfinders: Dell Technologies, Evolution Event Solutions, LBMC, EA Music. The co-chairs of this year’s event are Sherry and Mark Deutschmann.
About Nashville Entrepreneur Center
Nashville Entrepreneur Center (NEC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) founded in 2010 by business leaders who wanted to support the next generation of entrepreneurs and to celebrate the spirit and tenacity of the entrepreneurial community. The NEC serves as Nashville’s center for entrepreneurship, supporting visionaries—from every background, in any industry, and at all phases—by connecting them to critical resources and championing their desire to change the world. Learn more about the NEC by following @entrecenter on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and at www.EC.co.