Nashville Entrepreneur Center to Host Statewide Twende Summit Event with Tennessee Leaders to Amplify Black Entrepreneurs
June 21, 2022 / Share:
Arlan Hamilton of Backstage Capital to Headline Speaker Series for Black and Latinx founders
Nashville, Tenn. (June 21, 2022) – Tennessee’s largest event for Black and Latinx founders, Twende’ Summit, will be held on Friday, June 24. Hosted by Nashville Entrepreneur Center, the purpose of this event is to provide resources for Black and Latinx entrepreneurs to grow their businesses. The Twende’ Summit is a part of the EC’s Twende accelerator for entrepreneurs of color looking to significantly grow their businesses and gain access to curriculum, coaching, and a supportive community. The program expanded statewide in Tennessee in 2021. Twende’ is Kiswahili for “Let’s go,” and is the spirit that drives the growth of the EC’s program for entrepreneurs of color.
“We’re so excited to amplify our Black and LatinX founder while also sharing the impact of the Twende program at this year’s Twende Summit with leaders from across Tennessee,”said Brittany N. Cole, Chief Equity & Inclusion Officer of the EC. “The entrepreneurs in our Twende’ program are contributing to the economic growth of our communities and transforming their industries in Nashville and beyond and we’re grateful to provide a platform for them to share their expertise with the community.”
The Twende’ Summit will feature over 18 speakers that are business and community leaders
across the state of TN providing advice on how to scale and lead their businesses which will include, Arlan Hamilton, Founder and Managing Partner, Backstage Capital, Lee Molette, President/ Co-founder, Frank Stanton Developers, LLC, The Table LLC, Karen Collins, Director of Supplier Diversity, City of Chattanooga, Delisa Guerrier, Co-Founder, Storyville Gardens and Courtney Pogue, Director of Economic and Community Development, Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee.
The Twende’ Summit will feature insights from EC leaders and Twende 2021 and 2022 cohorts, in the series of learning sessions below:
- How to Do Business with Big Businesses: This panel discussion will cover ways that entrepreneurs can grow their business with government and corporate partners.
- Show Me the Money: This workshop will provide information about funding opportunities such as grants, loans, and private investments.
- Thriving in Life and Business as a Black Entrepreneur: This conversation will discuss how to build a successful business, amplify your brand, and build relationships that help you thrive as a Black entrepreneur.
- Behind the Brand: Learn from a serial entrepreneur about how to successfully build a business that leaves a legacy.
The Twende’ Summit will also highlight Twende’ members’ part of the program. The following companies and their founders will also be participating in the summit:
- Marcus Blair: Omega Digital Solutions
- Diana Sanchez-Vega: Sanchez-Vega Communications, LLC
- Danielle Buntyon: Jades Elevation LLC
- Jay Morgan: Comstasis, LLC
- Lacrecia Dangerfield: L.V. Dangerfield LLC
- Antricia Gordon & Shani Glapion: BlipsterVA
- Mimi McCarley: Collab Music Network
To learn more about the Twende Summit and how to support emerging Black and LatinX-owned businesses across Tennessee, click here.
About Nashville Entrepreneur Center
The Nashville Entrepreneur Center (EC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) founded in 2010 by business leaders who wanted to support the next generation of entrepreneurs and to celebrate the spirit and tenacity of the entrepreneurial community. The EC serves as Nashville’s center for entrepreneurship, supporting visionaries—from every background, in any industry, and at all phases—by connecting them to critical resources and championing their desire to change the world. Learn more about the EC by following @entrecenter on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and at www.EC.co.