PreFlight Pitch Night 2022.1
May 18, 2022 / Share:
Congratulations to our first PreFlight cohort of 2022!
PreFlight is a 14-week virtual program that walks step-by-step with first-time entrepreneurs – from “I have an idea” to “I have a business” – empowering you with knowledge and support as you seek to bring your business to life. We call this Phase 1 of the Entrepreneur’s Lifecycle.
“After months of learning and practice, I’m really pleased to see our cohort’s pitches come to fruition. It was great to have our community back in-person to support this new group of founders as they start their entrepreneurial journey,” says Wes Richardson, Program Lead at the EC.
While the 14-week program is primarily hosted online, the Pitch Night finale took place in person and online at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center in downtown Nashville. Six early stage entrepreneurs presented:
- Utopia Theater
- Founder: Lara Carvin
- Overview: Utopia Theater will be a community movie theater focusing on screening second-run, limited release, and independent films and hosting community events.
- Long Health
- Founder: Rohit Patil
- Overview: Long Health effectively organizes medical records and enables customers to gauge the value of their healthcare spending as well as access to advanced technology to live long, smart and healthy lives.
- EBC Technology Group
- Founder: Louis Nathan Sachs
- Overview: EBC Technology Group provides a suite of products that help customers understand the value of their financial assets and leverage them in the most effective ways possible.
- Founder: Kwaku Akuffo Owoo
- Overview: M-Sika is a machine learning tool that enables minority and immigrant-owned businesses to monetize recurring revenues while giving employees access to advanced paychecks and investment portfolios.
- Founder: Stacey Dickenson
- Overview: BoldAir designs custom travel products for adventurous women so they can travel across all countries and climates with confidence, ease, and convenience.
- Angel Dee Media
- Founder: Angel Martin
- Overview: Angel Dee Media is a media literacy program designed to build self-esteem and give girls & teens a digital voice through learning modules, workshops, and symposiums.