NASHVILLE ENTREPRENEUR CENTER
PROGRAM EXPERT CODE OF CONDUCT
Program Experts Will:
- Agree to a background check, if requested.
- Attend training and complete shadowing requirements.
- Deliver required EC documentation of each one-on-one advisory meeting.
- Execute the EC's Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Listen actively, build trust and give honest feedback.
- Make the entrepreneur aware of any potential conflicts of interest involving the expert's own company.
- Prepare in advance for the mentor meeting.
- Provide 48 hour notice of cancellation of meetings.
- Serve as matchmakers for other mentors, experts, investors and partners/customers.
- Teach, guide, advise and assign helpful homework.
- Volunteer time (time commitment varies by program).
Programmatic Experts will not:
- Do the work for the entrepreneur.
- Pressure the entrepreneur to hire the expert as a paid consultant, advisor, employee or strategic partner.
- Violate the confidentiality requirements of EC Advisor Program.
- Establish a valuation for the company.
- Withhold pertinent background information or act in secret.