Congrats Winners of Panel & Pitch: Tech Edition (2022)
August 25, 2022 / Share:
Tech founders took center stage at the EC today, Thursday, August 25 over lunch at Panel & Pitch: Tech Edition! Sponsored by Dell for Startups and in partnership with Nashville Technology Council, local Nashville tech founders were selected to present a 3-minute pitch, showcasing their innovative ideas for a chance to win a $1K cash prize, plus a co-working EC membership. Meet the entrepreneurs who pitched:
Kicking off the event was a panel discussion with tech experts, moderated by President & CEO of the Nashville Technology Council, Elise Cambournac. These experts from mid and large size companies also judged the pitches:
- Nikki Gibson, Culture, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant at Dell Technologies
- Aunshuman Ghosh, Director of IS at Nissan
- David Zilberman, Founder & CEO at GraphiteRx
We’re always asking business leaders for their perspective on Nashville’s entrepreneurial culture. Cambournac posed the question asking why Nashville is a great place for tech founders. Zilberman said they chose Nashville as home for GraphiteRX because of its vibrant community with a pool of talent.
“There’s so much talent here – that keeps us here,” added Gibson from Dell Technologies. “Because we’re remote, we can live anywhere so we’re not tied to a particular city, but Nashville is a great place to live because of its airport and interstate infrastructure, its culture, schools and diversity.”
Ghosh said he and his family love the rolling hills and landscape and thinks the competition for talent is getting strong, so we need to recruit more top talent to the city.
The topic of advice for tech founders culminated in the following tips:
- “Founders should work to validate the problem you are solving,” Zilberman said, “Before you go all in and quit your job, validate and figure out your financing strategy.”
- “Continue to innovate and find your consumer base and determine your marketing strategy,” said Gibson
- “Start with your own network of friends, family and neighbors, said Ghosh. “You never know who will be attracted to your idea.”
- “Start early to recruit talent, Gibson says.. “Get into the schools and talk about STEM and help to foster creativity and innovation at an early age.”
- “Keep thinking about the infrastructure to support all the people coming here. Grow the city in a sustainable manner,” says Ghosh.
- “Nashville is so friendly,” said Zilberman. “People make time for you. Peer mentoring helps to be somebody’s mirror, which helps confirm your thinking.”
Congratulations to the winners!
Audience voted favorite is Arvo – Alane Boyd
Judges voted for Couture Technologies – Deanna Meador